This one-day course introduces participants to SIL validation of safety instrumented systems (SIS) using the fault tree analysis technique. The agenda includes both refresher training on fault tree analysis (FTA) and instruction on the use of FTA for SIS SIL validation. A demonstration of Process Safety Office™ ioLogic™ software component will be presented.
- Standard Fault Tree Symbols and Logic
- Defining Top Events
- Constructing Moderately Complex Fault Trees
- Quantifying Fault Trees
- Adjusting Probabilities and Frequencies
- Review of Data Sources
- Applicable Codes Related to Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Allowable Methods for SIL Analysis
- Metrics for Determining Probability of Failure on Demand (PFD)
- Application of FTA to SIL Validation
- ioLogic™ with SIL VIEWER
Who Should Attend
This training is ideally suited for anyone working for or associated with the chemical or oil and gas industries, particularly those involved in determining SIL levels or designing SIS. This course will help understand what SIS are, and help learn to verify SIL design and validate SIS/SIL. This course will also benefit anyone managing or reviewing facility siting. It will review facility siting regulations and discuss methods for meeting compliance requirements.
ioMosaic Training Institute Benefits
Top instructors with extensive global, industry, technical and litigation experience. You will receive clear, practical and real world recommendations on how to get and stay compliant with local and worldwide regulations.