The Case for Pressure Relief and Flare System Design
Pressure relief and flare system (PRFS) design is a keystone in achieving process safety. Effective PRFS design helps companies meet risk management goals, compliance requirements and sound business practices.
OSHA PSM Rule (29 CFR 1910.119) requires companies to compile information involving the design and design basis of relief systems.
Aspects of PRFS Design
- Process Safety Information for pressure relief
- Structural dynamics
- Process simulation studies
- Codified design basis determination
- Integrated effluent handling
- Pressure relief device design computation
- Benchmark calorimetry
ioMosaic’s risk-based approach helps companies mitigate near-unventable scenarios to a tolerable level of risk and develop economical designs for more credible events.
- We have the expertise to safeguard against error and provide integrated solutions
- Your most difficult PRFS situations will be handled by our reactivity screening and data testing experts
- We offer leading-edge courses in pressure-relief design and related topics
- Let ioMosaic help you feel confident in your process safety decisions.
PRFS Design Tools
Process Safety Office™ component SuperChems™ is an integrated platform for pressure relief design, chemical reactivity assessment and management, consequence analysis and quantitative risk analysis. Combine with
Process Safety Enterprise® for a complete pressure relief system data lifecycle management solution.