OSHA’s nationwide Chemical NEP program is specifically targeting ammonia refrigeration facilities. In the pilot Chemical NEP, 16 % of the citations were for issues with PHAs. This course will focus on the hazards of anhydrous ammonia and hazards associated with typical equipment/processes for ammonia refrigeration systems and supporting facilities. Various approaches to conducting PHAs will be covered including HAZOP and “What-If” analyses.
- Hazards of anhydrous ammonia
- Ammonia refrigeration equipment
- Loading/unloading facilities for bulk ammonia
- Methodology for conducting PHAs
- Potential hazards of ammonia refrigeration systems
- Typical safeguards for ammonia refrigeration systems
Who Should Attend
This course is ideally suited for personnel involved in the design and operation of ammonia refrigeration systems.
ioMosaic Training Institute Benefits
Top instructors with extensive industry, technical and litigation experience. Clear, practical recommendations on how to get and stay compliant.