We will focus on the new requirements of the API Recommend Practice 752 Third Edition, Management of Hazards Associated with Location of Permanent Process Plant Buildings, which was revised to address specific OSHA concerns during the refinery NEP inspections. Since all of the new requirements are retroactive, if you have not completed your facility siting analysis or have completed an analysis according to a prior edition of API 752, you need to be aware of the changes that could have a significant impact on the results. Also, many of the tables and examples used in previous editions of API 752 have been removed and now require special expertise and tools to implement the siting analysis. This workshop will demonstrate the approach needed to meet the current requirements.
- Facility siting standards: API RP 752 and other related standards
- Building siting evaluation process
- Blast loads on buildings: blast curves and advanced blast simulation techniques
- Building analysis and design tools: building damage assessment and detailed structural analysis
- Occupant vulnerability from explosions
- Building siting evaluation for fire and toxic releases
- Facility siting accidents
- Facility siting case studies to demonstrate quantitative risk based approach
Who Should Attend
This workshop is intended for anyone involved in the evaluation of facility siting requirements to comply with OSHA PSM requirements.
May 24, 2017
ioMosaic Training Institute Benefits
Top instructors with extensive industry, technical and litigation experience. Clear, practical recommendations on how to get and stay compliant.