ioMosaic has developed a Fault Tree SIL Evaluation course with the objective of introducing participants to SIL validation of safety instrumented systems (SIS) using the fault tree analysis technique. The agenda includes both refresher training on fault tree analysis (FTA) and instruction on the use of FTA for SIS SIL validation. A demonstration of ioLogic™ fault tree software will also be presented. A free copy of ioLogic Lite will be given to each participant.
- Standard Fault Tree Symbols and Logic
- Defining Top Events
- Constructing Moderately Complex Fault Trees
- Quantifying Fault Trees
- Adjusting Probabilities and Frequencies
- Review of Data Sources
- Applicable Codes Related to Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Allowable Methods for SIL Analysis
- Metrics for Determining Probability of Failure on Demand (PFD)
- Application of FTA to SIL Validation
- ioLogic™ with SIL VIEWER
Who Should Attend
This training is ideally suited for anyone working for or associated with the chemical or oil and gas industries, particularly those involved in project development, operations, and safety and risk management.
ioMosaic Training Institute Benefits
Top instructors with extensive industry, technical and litigation experience. Clear, practical recommendations on how to get and stay compliant.