Early Bird Discount: Register by April 14th for a $100 discount
Combustible dust hazards are in the forefront of everyone’s minds, from regulatory authorities who are developing codes and standards on appropriate protections to owners, operators and engineers who need to implement protective systems. This course will take you from the first realization that you may have a combustible dust hazard to the steps necessary to reduce the risks and prevent the realization of that hazard, including engineering design and safeguards appropriate for typical unit operations.
- Overview of current codes and standards (ASTM, NFPA, OSHA)
- Expected developments to codes and standards (ASTM, NFPA, OSHA)
- Summary of available tests (Kst, MIE, MEC, LOC, MAIT, Hot-Surface, etc.)
- Determining a test strategy to ensure efficiency with investment
- Interpreting test data
- Application of the prescriptive standards
- Application of performance-based standards including hazard assessment methodologies
- Basics for deflagration vent sizing for low and high pressure application
- Engineering design solutions for mitigation of combustible dust hazards
- Laboratory demonstration near training site (if scheduling and project schedules allow)
Who Should Attend
This course is ideally suited for process or design engineers who handle combustible dusts, safety professionals who need to understand the hazards present or other professionals that are tasked with designing or modification of systems that handle combustible dust hazards.
May 16 - 18, 2017
ioMosaic Training Institute Benefits
Top instructors with extensive industry, technical and litigation experience. Clear, practical recommendations on how to get and stay compliant.